Thursday, November 20, 2003

Interviews - CMCentral.com: "Skillet interview
11/19/03
by Robin Parrish
Robin: Collide is album number six. Can you believe it?
John Cooper: No, that sounds like I've been doing this for a really long time. (Laughs.)
And there have been a lot of changes along the way.
That's for sure.
The biggest news about this album is that once again, you've switched to a different style of music. Why?
Well, we like to redefine ourselves. And I think it was just time to do that again. Probably for a lot of different reasons... One of them being that we're changing, too. The kind of music that I like and am influenced by has that affect on me, that before you know it, you're like, 'Yeah, I want to try something new.' Also, in the market that we're in, I think it's important to redefine and change and keep people guessing. It keeps things fresh for you, too. If we were to do another electronic/industrial record, I kind of feel that we'd probably be on our way out of the market. We've done that on two or three records now -- depending on how you look at it -- so we're just ready to explore some other things."

No comments: