Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lori Peters -- the Drummer of Skillet


skillet (3), originally uploaded by cmcentral.

Skillet is a Christian rock band formed in Memphis, Tennessee in the mid-90s. It is composed of John Cooper on vocals and bass, his wife Korey Cooper on keyboards, guitar and vocals, Ben Kasica on guitar, and Lori Peters on drums. They span the musical genres from grunge to techno, industrial to guitar-driven anthematic metal.

First hitting the CCM scene in 1996, Skillet originally had three members: John Cooper, Trey McClurkin (drums), and Ken Steorts (guitar). The line-up was the same on their second CD. With their third CD, John's wife Korey joined the band in the keyboards, Ken Steorts left the band and Kevin Haaland stepped in. Soon after the release of Invincible however, Trey McClurkin also left, and Lori Peters took his place on the drums. Kevin Haaland left the band before Alien Youth, and Ben Kasica took over on guitar.

At the 2006 Ichthus Festival in Kentucky, it was announced onstage that their new record would be titled "Comatose". It is scheduled to be released on October 3, 2006. Cooper has said, "As soon as my feet hit the stage, I know- no matter how many people are there- I'm going to give it everything I've got. I'm going to do the best show I can do; the wildest show. I'm gonna rock it. I think we captured that feeling on our record."

1 comment:

Levitra Soft said...

You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and useful!