Sunday, September 03, 2006

UnderOath's Christopher Dudley - rocking the keys


UnderOath
Originally uploaded by cmcentral.
From Wikipedia: Issue on Underoath and Gay Marriage and the Warped Tour.

On July 28, 2006, it was announced that Underoath were dropping out of the Vans Warped Tour. A statement from the band claimed that the members "felt it necessary to take some immediate time to focus on our friendship, as that’s more important than risking it for the sake of touring at this time."[3]. Rumors that the band had actually left because NOFX frontman Michael "Fat Mike" Burkett was making fun of Underoath and their religious beliefs onstage were debunked when Burkett told PunkNews.org in a statement of his own that Underoath's claim of needing a break was indeed true.[4] Burkett did admit to poking fun at the band and criticizing their stance on gay marriage, but emphasised that he befriended Underoath's band members at the start of the tour, had very civilized conversations with various members right up to the band's departure, that he had a personal policy of not making jokes onstage about anyone he wasn't friends with or didn't like personally, and that there were never any hard feelings between himself and Underoath's band members.[4]

In an Alternative Press cover story on Underoath, Burkett told the magazine that Spencer Chamberlin had confided in him that Underoath's band members had been "having a lot of arguments over their religious beliefs."[5]. In a sidebar of the same article, Burkett stated that he was "not calling Underoath homophobic, but they're against gay people having the same rights that straight people do. I find that to be bigoted."[6] Tim McTague admitted that "90 percent of what (Fat Mike) believes in and thinks is wrong about our country and our government, I agree with... (my) opinion doesn't align with the conservative church or the extreme leftist liberal side, either."[6]

Multiple rumors have flown around by word of mouth and through the internet of Underoath breaking up, members leaving, and rehab stories. Underoath's Official MySpace site recently set the rumors straight with the following message: "Don't belive the rumors, Underoath did not break up, no one has been kicked out or quit or in rehab or any other silly places people are talking about. The dudes are getting ready to do their Canadian tour and then Taste of Choas international and then will do a headline tour in the US after that."

Underoath are:
Spencer Chamberlain - Vocals
Aaron Gillespie - Drums, Vocals
Timothy McTague - Guitar
James Smith - Guitar
Grant Brandell - Bass
Christopher Dudley - Keyboards

Lyrics here
Minisite

Sample Lyric: (Remember this is METALCORE)

A Love So Pure

Always did it on my own then one day I realized
I was blind,, nothing I could do on my own
Turn, we have found a way to see, look up... feel the Almighty
Take control as we gaze into your eyes
We're just the tool you use to bring this world to you
Oh, Lord, how we love you
With your grace, take away the hurt and the bruises inside,
reach down let your glory reside
The cross carried for all of us, paint the image in my mind
So I will never think I am something,
but nothing am I but you, you are something
Lord you keep me alive, you give me rest at night
When there seems no way to find calmness in the storm you come and
take me in your arms and then the waves drown me no more
With you I'll last this battle and many others
Through the ages your name will reigh forever... never to be replaced
In these trials I face, I pray you humble me
Humble me I want to be like you Jesus more and more like you
I was crucified on that day with Christ
Nailing you there with sin, accepting you
I nailed my soul to the cross and now my life begins
This world so cold but your love keeps me warm
My father holds me in his nailed scarred hands which I put there
But for some reason he still loves me with all his heart
Even through I betray him constantly
He always keeps his arms open waiting, till I give up my old was
God my father, you are the only one that can give me comfort
You touch my heart in such a way that all I can do is cry your name
Jesus Christ I love you
My heart aches for your love

No comments: